Roofing Consult Sales/Estimator
The work we do is a reflection of who we are. If we’re sloppy at it, it’s because we’re sloppy inside. If we’re late at it, it’s because we are late inside. If we’re bored by it, it’s because we’re bored inside, with ourselves… So the job here is not outside of ourselves, but inside or ourselves. How we do our work becomes a mirror of how we are inside. – M. Gerber, The E-Myth Revisted
Come Be a Big Part of a Small Business! We are a busy residential roofing company seeking two roof consultants to do estimates and sales. Done Right Roofing has been growing rapidly for the last 5 years. This business NEEDS ambitious people able to grow into high-level management positions.
A base salary draw is paid every 2 weeks. This is composed of an ADVANCE on commissions earned. The pay-check issued every 2 weeks is based on $60,000 per year to start. After 3 months the draw can be reviewed and increased based on the sales person’s closing ratio. Commissions earned beyond the draw amount are paid out annually. Previous sales people have been issued T-4’s in the $100K per year range depending on their sales ability and closing ratio. Truck and equipment and gas allowance provided. Excellent health insurance after 6 months.
Our Ideal Roof Consultant:
You are very bright and driven to be the best at whatever you do. You have a confident and aggressive personality, but you’re always personable and professional. You are a team player that has tons of follow through. You don’t need to be micromanaged because you always carry tasks to completion and have a personal standard of excellence. You have commission sales experience and a genuine passion for had core sales. You have experience in some kind of construction either in sales or installation. You are versatile. Roof estimating and sales are really two jobs in one – one as a construction estimator and one as a sales person. You flourish in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment. A day spent driving, talking to customers, being outside on and off the ladder, and on the phone sounds exciting to you. You are a thick skinned personality that doesn’t take much personally and really appreciates direct communication. You have integrity and close deals through selling genuine quality that DRR delivers on, through creating connection with your client, and through persistent follow-up.
- Moderate to High level computer skills. Comfortable in MS Excel.
- High literary skills as much of the material and communication is reading oriented.
- Good administration skills that will allow you to organize your follow-up calls.
- You must be excellent with numbers to do the measuring of the roof and estimating.
- Be willing to do paid training days on the roof if you have no roofing experience.
- Be willing to work double time during our peak season, June – November.
- Be willing to take vacation time over Christmas holidays.
- 3 excellent work references. Preferably at least one that can speak knowledgeably about your closing ratios.